Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Been really busy with work and school and coaching

So work has been very interesting I had a patient who well wasn't the smartest person in the world. He decided the well play with his dog and it was more then playing he decided to take it to the next level and called us because the dog was stuck and swelled in his butt. so we come and take him to the hospital and I have never had a patient and dog in the back of my ambulance. We get him to the hospital after we called it in and I don't think I have ever seen all the ER staff laughing so hard in my life! they had to step out of the room to not laugh in the room. I never asked how they removed the dog but I am sure it was interesting none the less.That poor dog I am sure he was scared. I thought that since I had that patient the day could not get any worse but I was so wrong! the next patient decided it would be fun to play with his son and his son stuck his head in the stairwell and so daddy thought he could do it to not thinking his head was bigger then his son's and of course he got stuck. He was so worried about what we thought that he could not make eye contact with us the whole time we were getting him out. Then soccer practice comes around and I coach the team my God daugther plays for and of course she decided to show off and broke her leg so of course I had to take her to the ER and get it splinted till we could get an appt. with ortho the next day. Now of course that was not enough school made the day even worse I had to do some disecting of a cat who looked just like my kitty Oddie. and then a test I didn't know we were having but since I have most of this training from paramedic school I passed thank God. So needless to say my week has been more then interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment